New experiences begin with volunteering
Volunteering time and skills at Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum will enhance your museum experience while providing a unique opportunity to give your time and talents to a living history site. Volunteers receive appropriate job training, guest passes, discounts to the Museum Store and, of course, well-deserved recognition!
For a pdf copy of our volunteer questionnaire, please click this link: Volunteer Questionnaire download
Return the questionnaire to:
Landis Valley Museum
2451 Kissel Hill Rd.
Lancaster, PA 17601
Questions? Call volunteer coordinator Jayne Westley at 717-569-0401 ext. 201 or fill out our Volunteer Questionnaire form.
You can help our historic site by working as a volunteer in the following positions:
- Museum Guide – Learn about the history of the Landis Valley Museum and Pennsylvania German culture and interpret our story for visitors.
- Landis Valley Museum Store – Provide visitors with courteous assistance in our exceptional museum store, operate the cash register, and price merchandise.
- Heirloom Seed Project – Work in our historic gardens as well as sort and package seeds for our well-known seed preservation project.
- Office Support – Perform light office duties such as answering phones, doing data entry, mailing press releases, or other work as needed for special events.
- Farm Program – Assist with and care for a variety of historic breeds of farm animals, their pastures, fences, and help to maintain farm equipment.
- Curatorial Assistant – Work with museum collections, catalog items, arrange collections in storage, and perform data entry.
- Special Events – Enjoy the excitement on the grounds during our numerous special events throughout the year. Ticket sellers, security, maintenance, and food sales are just a few of the many positions available.
- Other Positions – Everyone has something to offer the Landis Valley Museum! Your special talent or interest may be a great fit with the Museum