Frequently Asked Questions
- How far ahead should I make my reservations?– We suggest making reservations a minimum of 3 months before you plan on coming, especially if you are interested in one of our Hands-on Workshops.
- Do I need to make a deposit?– No, however, payment in full is due upon arrival by one check or credit card.
- Are there lunch facilities?– There is a picnic grove area for use.
- Can I purchase food and drinks?– Drinks and light snacks can be purchased at the Landis Valley Museum Store.
- Is there a museum store that my students can visit? – Yes and we encourage children to visit the Landis Valley Museum Store.
- What happens if there is inclement weather when we are scheduled to come?– Our site and workshops are open and running rain or shine.
- What is there to do for students if we do not take a workshop?– There are self-guided tours during the peak season with interpreters or craftspeople in the buildings. In the off-season, a guided tour can be scheduled.
- Is there an extra fee for Hands-on Workshops?– Yes, there is an additional fee for students and chaperones.
- What is the policy for chaperones?– We encourage one chaperone per ten students. We allow one free chaperone per ten students. All additional chaperones will pay an admission fee and a workshop fee if applicable.
- When I check in what will I need? Where will I check in at? – You will use the front entrance near the cemetery to enter the Visitor Center. When you check in you will need the accurate count of students and chaperones and payment in full.
To make a reservation, please call us at 717-569-0401 ext. 228 or…
For your safety, convenience, and peace of mind, please note below: