Laura Ingalls Wilder shared her childhood memories in her unforgettable series of “Little House” books. This beloved childhood author, encouraged by her daughter Rose, showed readers what life was like for a little girl to grow up in the mid-west in the late 1800’s.
Summer Sampler Camp will explore how Laura might have spent her summer. Activities include:
- Preparing an old-fashioned July 4th picnic lunch in the Tavern
- Learning and playing summertime outdoor games.
- Exploring the world of natural color and how it was used for everyday items. Projects will be crated from various dyed items.
- Attending “sewing school.” Learn the basics and apply them to a project.
- See the important role that farm animals played in everyday life. Visit varous animals on our farm to help understand their contributions.
This camp is designed for both boys and girls ages 5-11. Whether your child has read the entire series or is just beginning to enjoy the “Little House” books, this is a must-attend summer camp!
|Hours:||July 16-19, from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. each day|
|Cost:||$100 ($90 for Landis Valley Associates members)|
Registration starts February 1. To register, contact Sheri Brown, Children’s Program Coordinator.