December 7 and 8, join us and share a real Old-Fashioned Christmas in our village. Lots of Christmas decorations. Lots of special learning on how early PA German families celebrated Christmas here in south central PA. And lots of fun for all ages. It’s a great way to start out the Christmas season.
But watch out! Belsnickel will be lurking around seeing who has been good and who has been bad over the past year! If he sees you, will you get a treat or a piece of coal?
Here is just a partial list of what will be happening:
- Harp and harpsichord concert – 11AM-11:45AM and 2PM-2:45PM in the Visitor Center Auditorium. Faith Martin, harpsichordist and her sister, a classically-trained harpist, will present a concert of traditional Yuletide carols.
- Handbell concert – 12:30PM-1:30PM and 2PM-3PM in the Visitor Center Auditorium. Ron Bellamy, solo handbell artist, will present a program of delightful holiday music. Visitors will have an opportunity to join him in performing.
- Make-and-take crafts for young and old – learn the art of “scissor cuttings” or Scherenschnitte. This PA German folk art will be the basis for three separate crafts including a holiday card, a holiday ornament, and hand-cut shelf paper. Patterns fro beginner to advanced. Also learn to dip candles for the holiday season.
- Write a letter to Santa and mail it in our special post office to get a response back
- Meet Belsnickel
- Authentic traditional Christmas Putz – a traditional model village created in each household only at Christmas to remind each family of the real meaning of this holiday
- Holiday decorations in our historic buildings
- Unique holiday gifts in the Museum Store
EVENT HOURS: Saturday, December 7, 10AM to 4PM. Open Sunday, December 8, Noon to 4PM.
Tickets can be purchased at the door on the days of the event. Online tickets also available. FREE to members!
Hours:Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Sunday Noon – 5PMCost: Adults/$12, Senior/$10, Ages 3-11/$8, Ages 2 & Under/Free
Brown Paper Tickets Ticket Widget Loading…
Click Here to visit the Brown Paper Tickets event page.